Monday, July 16, 2007

Rescreening

This past weekend I rescreened our porch screen room. The wear & tear of a couple years and the poking of various dog noses had taken their toll. And there was a tournament at the golf club, so this little task finally rose to the top of the heap.

The battens covering the screen staples didn't hold up during deconstruction, so they were replaced with pressure treated lath sections that I painted in exterior latex before installing. The screening I used was black nylon mesh. The hardest part of the job was pulling out the old staples and nails, and making sure the new screen was laying as flat as I could get the 4' x 7' sections to lay before stapling. I used an 18 gage pneumatic nailer with 1" nails to put up the new battens, so that went pretty quickly. I will rescreen one of the screen doors later this week, and finish painting to match both doors and door trim.

Afterwards, I was a little sore from going up & down the ladder, but I was satisfied I had done a reasonably good job of it.

2 comments:

Burt Likko said...

I offer apologies on behalf of two of the dogs whose noses -- and in one instance unbridled enthusiasm for chasing deer -- were responsible for the wear and tear on the screen.

Mic said...

Pictures bro!!! We want pictures!!!