Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On the road again

I am not sure where home is right now, but within a few weeks it will be Sugar Land, a southwestern suburb of Houston. We close on our house there on Monday the 15th of December. The movers will be at the house in TN on the Monday afer Christmas, and I will be there as well on Tuesday evening. Wednesday, the wife & I will celebrate New Year's Eve on the road, probably in Memphis. With the dogs. We will hopefully make it to Houston the next day, New Year's Day, but if not, certainly the next day. Then within afew short days we will be unpacking and getting our household set back up.

For the last few weeks, I have been traveling. Mostly business, but the week of Thanksgiving was with my lovely wife in TN. I spent a few hours in Houston before hitting the road again, this time to Milwaukee to see about an electric motor that is causing some problems. I also managed to get over to a little town north of Flint Michigan to see a potential customer. I will hopefully get to (finally) fly back to Houston on Thursday. Lots of things to do in preparation for the move. Being here in the frozen Midwest will help the company, but it is starting to encroach on my ability to have a personal life. The weather has been cold and snowy. Times liek this make me question that whole global warming thing. Winter seems to have come quite early here, and deposited a considerable snowy mess.

No comments: