Saturday, April 4, 2009

Scientific Experiments!!


On a recent business trip, I happened to have an unusual cocktail, a Tangerine Margarita. It was in a bar named "The Tangerine Bar" located just across the street from Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. (Thank you very much to the staff at the Tangerine Bar. They were all quite nice, attentive, and made our evening there quite pleasant.) The drink was quite tasty, almost dangerous in that it tasted like more... a lot more! After I got home, I searched for some recipes, but when I tried some of the ones on the Internet, I was less than impressed. So I ordered a bottle of Tangerine-flavored tequila from our local purveyor of spirits. The brand name was Margaritaville, so how could I go wrong? Parrot-heads unite!
Well, the quality of the tequila will always be evident, and so it was here. The drink I prepared with this stuff was quite metallic-tasting. I remixed it with Cuervo Gold and Cointreau, and the results were much better, but still lacked that special tart tangerine flavor I remembered. So we took a trip to Whole Foods and bought a half-gallon of Tangerine Juice.
The results were very good indeed. The taste of the drink was quite nice, and very close to what I remembered from my trip. Here's the recipe:
2 oz Cuervo Gold Tequila
1 oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
3 oz Tangerine Juice
1/2 oz Lime Juice
Mix well with ice, or blend with ice for a slushy drink.
Serve in a glass with lightly salted rim and lots of cracked ice.
Be careful, though. They taste like you might want another fairly quickly.

2 comments:

Burt Likko said...

Sounds like "Yum." I can't wait to try them out.

Becky said...

Ditto!