Friday, August 14, 2009

Michael Vick revisited

I wrote a post a couple months back, advocating Michael Vick being given another chance. I read in this morning's news that the Philadelphia Eagles have signed him for a two year contract. I am glad he is being given this opportunity. I was somewhat dismayed that the local animal rights activists are being so negative about it, though. I do not think any of them have read or heard about what Mr. Vick has been doing to demonstrate the changes in his attitude about animal cruelty.

Obviously, time will tell, but for now, Michael Vick is saying and doing the right things. I hope he can prove that people can change for the better. Good luck, Michael, continue to listen to and heed the advice of people like Tony Dungy, and you will prove the naysayers wrong.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Michael Vick's interview on "60 Minutes" was interesting: He admitted he started realizing what a terrible mistake he had made when he was in prison. He was also very careful not to even mention his old running buddies from Virginia, whom I believe were the ones responsible for urging him on in the dog-fighting debacle. He acknowledged it was his fault alone, his bad judgement, and most significantly for a quarterback, his failure to be a leader and do the right thing. All good intentions, but what left a slight artificial flavor to the whole thing was learning he had a whole team of publicists, lawyers, and other sycophants behind these remarks. He did listen to them, he said the right things, but as I stated in my original post, only time will tell whether Michael Vick has really changed into someone we would like to see as a role model for the youth of this nation.

Arnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.