Friday, August 27, 2010

A week into it...

It has been just 9 working days into the new job. I'm enjoying it, even completed my first business trip. All my colleagues are very focused, intense on the project. I was initially frustrated by the lack of a computer, i.e., unable to communicate via email, understand my calendar, look up phone numbers, contact the customer. But all that's behind me now. Things are going well.

Its going to be a bit of a wait for payday though. My previous job paid once a week. A nice steady flow of cash. This one pays twice a month, on the 10th and the 25th. I started on the beginning of the pay period on the 17th of August, but my first paycheck will be the 10th of September. Good thing we had a bit of cash set aside.

Its also a bit of a drag living in a hotel. The Extended Stay Hotel chain is actually a pretty good deal. Its about half or even less of the big guys, and while its not so fancy, it is clean, and the folks running this one in Huntsville are really nice. This weekend, I'm going to drive up to TN and pick up my cousin Jackie, and go visit the folks renting our house outside of Knoxville. Afterwards, we're going to have a catfish dinner at Allison's Catfish Restaurant in Friendsville, TN. Some reviews have it as expensive & greasy, but we've always had a great meal.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on the new position! I'm happy for you. Hope you can make it to Erik's 40th birthday party, I'd love to learn more about what life in Huntsville is like.

Becky said...

Congratulations on the new position! I'm happy for you. Hope you can make it to Erik's 40th birthday party. I'd love to learn more Huntsville.