Saturday, September 10, 2011

Replacement Car

I am a bit of a car nut, always looking at Corvettes and classic cars. I have always enjoyed the mechanical and artistic aspects of cars. So after owning my ultra dependable Toyota Avalon for the last few years, I started looking around for something different, sportier, with more personality. I thought about a 'vette, but they do sit pretty low, and getting in and out may prove to be a bit less graceful than in my earlier days. So I was looking at the new Buick Regal Turbo, which is really an Opel. I looked at the new Volvo S-60. Both very nice. At the same lot as the Volvo, I found a Certified Previously-Owned 2007 Jaguar XJ8L. Which I bought. Very luxurious, and it is sporty as well, being powered by a reasonably powerful 4.2 liter V-8. It has lots of gadgets which I am familiarizing myself with. Here's a couple pictures:













3 comments:

Maggie said...

Arnie...we just saw your blog and had fun looking through it! We're from Wisconsin...where did you live? Keep up the posting...what great pictures!!

Michael J. said...

Hi Arnie - enjoyed reading some of yours posts. I too am always thinking of my next car and like you - Corvettes and so forth are on my car bucket list. Nice Jag' - hope it lasts until your next urge hits.

Lynette said...

I just came across this and thought what a beautiful color. Nice car, good luck with it!