Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The new dog




My wife has wanted a new dog since we moved last year. We have told ourselves we enjoyed the freedom to go when we want, but the desire to have a dog again remained. My cousin's youngest daughter told us she was unable to keep her dog and we agreed to adopt it. We picked it up a couple days ago, and she has proceeded to adopt us. Jasmine is a 2-3 lb black Yorkie, about a year and a half old. Very cute and full of personality.
Slight correction: Jasmine is actually 9.5 lbs, according to the scale at the veterinarian's office.


4 comments:

Burt Likko said...

Another Yorkie! She sure is cute!

If you and Mom are going to take a trip for a few days, it should be no trouble finding a dog-sitter, especially for a little cutie pie like Jasmine.

Becky said...

2-3 pounds?! Wow, that's tiny! But, she sure is cute. With a critter that little you can put her in a shoulder bag and take her with you when traveling. I'm sure Sass and Karma would love to eat her, I mean MEET her ;-)

Becky said...

P.S.
I'm diggin' your blog and am so glad you've started one. I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen remodel.

Burt Likko said...

9.5 pounds sounds like a more realistic snack for Sassafras, um, I mean, a more realistic weight for a dog like that.