Monday, May 21, 2007

Reflections on being retired

I am staying busy with various activities. Jobs around the house, consulting, helping my wife's aunt with her house, and golf. But I am still somewhat unsatisfied with the challenges of my existing life. I am considering whether to return to the workforce. The extra money would be helpful for some other big projects we want to pursue, but more so I am feeling like I'm just floating along. I need some additional purpose. The consulting could do that, but so far isn't as time consuming as I had thought it would be.

I submitted an application to Oak Ridge National Laboratory this morning for a position as a Senior Program Manager. Let's see if anything develops....

1 comment:

Burt Likko said...

You don't seem retired to me. You put on suits for meetings, you travel for business, you continue to generate income. You seem busier now than when you were working full-time in Connecticut. This just seems like a new phase in your career.

Good luck with Oak Ridge; they'd be lucky to have you and I bet you'd enjoy it. If you haven't been schooled on the difference between K-25, Y-12, and X-10 yet, I can get you up to speed.