Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Spring is back




The rhododendrons have been blooming for several days, but this morning our irises finally opened up. It has been warm for a few days, into the 80's. Everything is getting green. Some of the plants seem to be recovering from the late frosty weather, but a couple still haven't made up their minds about it yet. I hope they come back, especially the magnolias at the driveway entrance. We recently put up a new hummingbird feeder, and the birds discovered it within an hour or two. The hummingbirds also like the rhododendron bush as well. So far, I haven't been able to capture the hummingbirds on my camera.
The other day I was drinking my morning cup of coffee, and saw a raccoon on the bird feeder. Now I finally know why the birdseed disappears so fast. It wasn't the squirrels, they can't put away the food like a raccoon. Now I have to figure out how to prevent the raccoon from devouring the birdseed.


2 comments:

Burt Likko said...

Now I have to figure out how to prevent the raccoon from devouring the birdseed.

Good luck with that. Raccoons have opposable thums and they aren't afraid to use them.

Arnie said...

Maybe I need to hire a couple of hit-possums who will break the thumbs of the fat raccoon....