Thursday, October 18, 2007

The saga of the basement continues....

I called Lowe's this morning, because they were supposed to install the carpeting (at last!). They said something about glue, and were going to be here in a while. Well, the installers showed up, ready to glue down the carpeting. I said, no, we had ordered installation with pad & tack strips, and I thought the glue was for the stairs. After some discussion, the installers left and I made yet another trip to the store.

After some discussion, the manager of the installed sales department decided to go ahead and comply with my request to do the job as we had asked for it to begin with. Supposedly, it is costing the store an additional $432 for padding and tack strips, but I have paperwork on my side to support what we had originally asked for

Anyway, the installers are going to come out yet again, on Monday morning. Maybe it will actually happen this time.

2 comments:

Orange Phantom said...

glue actually works pretty good (better than duct tape). And when your basement gets wet (like it will ever rain there), it's easier to dry out with a shop vac.

Arnie said...

Moot point. The installer's truck broke, so now we are waiting until next Saturday. Why do we go to the end of the line after their mistakes? If it doesn't happen on Saturday, I'm going up the food chain at Lowe's and taking my business elsewhere.