Monday, October 8, 2007

Visitors and stuff

My brother visited two weeks ago. It was a fine time, we had a chance to hang out and talk about just stuff. That's something I miss but is unavoidable in our family, as we all live so far apart. One of the things Bob does for fun and expression is to jam with his blues trombone at local joints. When he's going somewhere, he surf's the 'net to find bars that have jam sessions. Sure enough, there's one here in Maryville: Brakin's. We had a good time, there was a variety of talent, and everyone played the blues with enthusiasm and sometimes too much volume. (Maybe that's just me getting old...)

We also went out on the boat one day and viewed the scenery on Ft. Loudon Lake. The next afternoon, I had the boat taken out of the water, and Bob and I cleaned the bottom with my pressure cleaner. The boat ran a bit faster afterwards, but when I gave the helm to Bob, we hit a submerged chunk of wood that made a clunk, but did no damage. All in all, we had a great visit.

The day Bob left to go back to Milwaukee, another couple friends came for the weekend, Bob from Pleasanton, CA, and John from the Illinois side of the St. Louis area. We played golf a couple times and revisited memories from their visit to us when we lived in Germany. Our golf games were not great, but very much fun.

This week, we will go visit some friends from CA who have recently moved to north Georgia.

1 comment:

Burt Likko said...

Huh. We never found that blues bar, and I would have liked to have gone to such a place. Maybe when we visit.